Sunday, April 13, 2014

One benefit of Condominium Bylaws and Regulations!

Seven years ago on a trip to Albania I noticed something quite horrifying. Residents of condominium apartments not only enclosed their balconies however they wanted, they also painted the exterior portion of their apartment whatever colour they wanted. The results were to say the least, bizarre.
I thought of this during my recent visit to Ukraine. While apartment residents didn't paint the outside of their portion of their building as exuberantly as the Albanians, they gave little consideration to their neighbours or overall building design when it come to enclosing balconies. 

I could offer dozens of examples, this is typical example of what I saw in Kiev and elsewhere in the country.



Not a very pretty sight!

No comments: